23 March 2009

London, Clubs, and before sex with an older guy

It's been ages since I've posted on here: the time's been flying by with work commitments etc. Had loads of things to mention, just no time in which to do the writing!

Anyway, I was down in London again a couple of weeks ago (I'm down fairly regularly). I just love the place. It's so vibrant, to-the-minute, alive, constantly changing, and, best of all, incredibly liberating. Sure, busy streets and overcrowded buses and tubes can be irritating, but there's just something about London's streets which makes me feel comfortable...and alive.

So, on one of the evenings I was down I went to a very formal dinner at X. It was absolutely fantastic. I've done my fair share of formal events, but this had to be one of the best. The food, company, and setting were simply incredible. Lots of free champagne and wine later, and I"m not legless (always the way to ruin a meal that!), but I'm definitely in the mood to party. So I head up to Soho with some friends - one gay, one straight guy, one straight girl - and decide to hang with the West End queer boys for a bit. There was something about going from posh to gay which just thrilled the life out of me.

Few more drinks later, and after a pretty brash, but friendly, lesbian thinks I'm hitting on her - NEVER had that happen before - and our straight friends leave for the home. So me and gay friend C head off to Lo-Profile for more drinks and a dance...and a cruise by this stage.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of Lo-Profile. The ceilings a bit too low, the lighting isn't up to much, even if the rest of the place is looking good, and while it can get a bit cruisy - which doesn't bother me in itself - it's definitely pretentious. I think it's probably worse than Shadow Lounge round the corner - just instead of designer labels, it's designer pecs and steroids on display. Nice to look at, but wasn't finding any conversation.

Anyway, some guy starts dancing right up my arse, but he's a bit of the short side, and not doing it for me. Now gay friend C is a shy one so I push them together. Bingo - hour later, they are off fucking. I hung around for a while longer for another drink and dance but wasn't feeling it. Donned the tie again and headed back to posh place Y where I had to look decently sober to get past the doorman.

Certainly wouldn't be in the same bed 24hrs later, but you'll have to check the next post for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment